FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Price of pre-paid Terminal parking at DFW airport
Old Aug 4, 2018, 1:39 pm
HeartFist

Programs: Flying Blue Silver
Price of pre-paid Terminal parking at DFW airport

Hi all,

TL;DR at the end
I fail to understand how the pricing of pre-paid Terminal parking works at DFW airport. One and a half weeks ago I had used it for the first time, made the booking on a Wednesday evening for the following midday, Thursday to Sunday costed $8 per day to park at Terminal D or E, a great price. I had also been checking for another stay Thursday to Sunday two weeks later which came out at $8 per day as well. Since I had no experience of how well it works I decided to book the other period at a later stage.

Turns out it works flawlessly so I checked for the same time period a few days ago. It costed $14 per day at the time for Terminal parking. Thought maybe it has to do with capacity and I check a random future date in November - also $14 per day. I did not do the booking.
Checking today for the same period next week, it costs $20 per day for Terminal parking. Also another random date in October / November costs $20 per day. I did the same test on my smartphone with mobile data and incognito browsing to avoid any cookies that might be present on my laptop. It shows me $20 per day as well.

TL;DR: pre-paid Terminal parking prices for any random date went from $8 per day one and a half weeks ago to $14 per day a few days ago to $20 per day when checking today.

Do you have any tips or hints in order to get "reasonable" parking prices? What are your experiences with pre-paid parking at DFW?
I am aware that there is the covered and uncovered parking available at cheaper prices but the transfer to the terminal adds a level of inconvenience so that I can also take an Uber to the airport.
Thanks in advance!

Regards,
HeartFist