FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi suspends USA Prestige card applications August 2018
Old Aug 4, 2018, 10:55 am
moe8555

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by mikesyr18
Thanks for the support.

I don't agree with your point. What would be the point of applying for the Prestige over the Premier then? To simply use the capped 4th night free and use it for dining? People who know what they're doing don't want to earn "1x" or 1%" back on all of their purchases, except dining if they can multiply every purchase on another card somehow.

So Citi is going to scrap 2x on entertainment, scrap 3x on flights, and scrap 3x on hotels even though it's supposed to be a travel card?

Just cap the free hotel perk to one time a year, offer 5x on flights, 5x on hotels, 3x on dining, and 1x on everything else... Make each point worth 1.5 cents each when redeemed for flights, and 1 cpp on things like Amazon redemptions, cash back, and gift cards. The other scenario could be to offer a percentage back when you redeem your "points" through Cit's portal... Like with AMEX's Business Plat, or Barclay's Arrival Plus card.
Holy cow, with a card like that I'd move EVERY part of my finances to Citi!