FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aegean Airlines (A3) award booking experiences using United miles
Old Aug 4, 2018, 7:17 am
doug_999

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by saccoNY
I just flew JTR-ATH Aegean paid Y (all Y aircraft), connecting to ATH-EWR UA in paid Biz. Two different record locators as UA would not sell the A3 ticket. I am Star Alliance Gold per my GS status on UA.

When I got to check in JTR, it took them awhile to figure out if they could interline the connection, which eventually they did. However, they did not allow me an overweight (30 KG) bag for free, which is part of Star Alliance Gold benefits (on A3 website) Why? Because they claimed it was an Olympic Air (OA) flight and *Alliance Gold didnt apply. Though, it was A3 employees, the plane was branded Aegean, the FAs Aegean...everything!!

Does A3 do some sort of dog and pony show and wet lease the plane to OA to circumvent SA? Do SA airlines pay a fee to some sort of kitty every flight or something.

They dinged me for 35 Euros....it was more the point of it...and it felt totally deceptive!! Was appreciate for the interline but what's fair is fair! no?
It is my understanding that *G gets you one extra bag over what the current fare class offers (learned this all thanks to @jsloan) - so if you were economy, you would have received one or two bags at 23kg.
https://en.aegeanair.com/travel-info...age-allowance/