FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi suspends USA Prestige card applications August 2018
Old Aug 3, 18, 6:03 pm
CarefulBuilder14

Programs: Amex Plat, Hyatt, IHG cards
While not impossible, I'd bet against a serious refresh. Maybe some little changes, but not necessarily good on balance. Maybe customers will get 3x on dining, or 3x on all travel...but not get more transfer partners...and maybe 4th Night Free will be capped in some new way.

There has been no public bonus offer since December 2017. Retention bonuses have been non-existent to mediocre. That doesn't suggest to me they want to attract or keep customers.

Citi announced the meganerf (Admirals access, 4th night taxes, golf) more than two years ago. Why wait so long? What could they possibly be working on? They've been losing customers steadily, so I would think they'd have put something together by now.

They've lost Hilton cards and lost exclusivity (for new cards) with AA, so cobrand perks may not be likely.

*But I'd love to be wrong! Even without a bonus, my Double Cash could go back to being a Prestige if the perks were right.