FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Moxy Tokyo Kinshicho Japan [Master Thread]
Old Aug 3, 2018, 5:56 pm
nexusCFX

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by oliver2002
There are quite a few establishments between the hotel and the station, but you wouldn't notice if you didn't know. The sign boards gave it away. As NewbieRunner said, we liked it there. The breakfast was OKish, but I gladly accepted the freebie in an expensive city like TYO. The kitchen/pantry/eating area was great in the evenings to consume the food we bought at the station. You are free to use the plates/dishes/silverware, have unlimited water to drink and can reheat the food in the microwave. No awkward eating in the room. We liked the price and the relaxed athmosphere. When we were there in April, it was about 1/3 families, 1/3 baby boomers and the rest 'millenials'. So much for the target demographic.
I can see how the price attracts both families and millennials. I'll be staying at this hotel for 3 nights at the end of the month, entirely due to my three travel companions balking at an extra $300 each to spend those three nights at Conrad Tokyo on a FHR third night free rate, which I thought was an absolutely phenomenal deal even without the FHR amenities. For price-consious travellers, it's hard to argue with $125 a night for a room with two beds.