FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Accuracy of addresses on Uber and Lyft receipts
Old Aug 3, 2018, 5:34 pm
Miami305

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
There's something known as a healthy dose of paranoia. There's also an unhealthy obsessive dose of paranoia.

If it is something that can be simply explained, without hesitation, and without sounding "presidential," (in the most modern sense of the term) I wouldn't worry about these things. It isn't like you were supposed to fly to NYC and your ticket receipt is to BOS. It is that your UBER receipt shows that you were at XXX 3rd. St., San Francisco, instead of XXX Folsom St., San Francisco (around the corner).
Agreed in full. If an employer cares about a pickup at 10 Main St vs. 11 Main St, I think it's time to find a new employer.

To the OP: The Uber/Lyft GPS is not 100% accurate. I get picked up from the same spot at work every day of the week. I stand at the main entrance and literally am within 10 feet of the same exact position each time I am picked up. The address on the receipt has shown multiple different pickup locations, including ones around the corner on a different street.