FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Swiss lost my checked items, but is denying any compensation without receipts
Old Aug 3, 2018, 2:07 pm
Dianne47

Programs: DL, UA, WN, Amtrak, Hyatt, Accor
Midnightmartini, in your original post you quoted LX communication that said,

"as we have received no supporting documentation on the lost items as given in the inventory, we cannot propose settlement for the reported losses.

We must therefore decline your claim."

I don't know what LX considers to be supporting documentation, but it might be a list of the missing items and receipts for same. If there is any way you can go back and reconstruct what you packed and come up with receipts, that probably would suffice. Do you have photos of any of the missing items while you were on the trip?

LX also said, "If at any point you are able to supply documentation as requested, we will reconsider your claim. As sated [sic] we will consider credit card statements indicating purchases or duplicate receipts."

It seems your only recourse is trying to find duplicate receipts (phone the stores where you purchased?) or showing credit card statements. I wish you luck, BTW any insurance company would require the same to satisfy a claim.