FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The ultimate EK J class experience - you will not believe this :confused:
Old Aug 3, 2018, 1:13 pm
Andreaswil

Programs: EK Platinum
Originally Posted by murtaza12
I've heard from some EK crew (flight crew and cabin crew) that they don't particularly enjoy flying to KBL or PEW for safety reasons, so they do tend to get a little flustered during boarding and generally throughout the flight. I don't blame them seeing the safety record of both airports, but there's nothing much we can do.

If you fly the KBL-DXB route regularly and this is the first time you've experienced such service, I'd just let it pass. Don't want to get the crew in trouble, especially after the stories one reads on 'other forums'.
EK will stop flying to KBL and FZ will increase from 3 to 5 flights daily. The safety has never been an issue in KBL. They are maybe personally scared but that’s without reason.

Yes I will let this go. But taking into consideration what you pay for this short flight, the service is just unbelievable bad.

Normally I am taking FZ twice a week as i need only 10 min to proceed through T2 in DXB, during EK can end in a long long walk through T3.

The service on FZ is much, much better. It’s a smaller airline and the staff is treated very differently for a start. They feel like a family and this reflects in their service. Food comes out of the same kitchen. So no big difference. The purser handles usually the 12 J seats alone which most of them do very professionally I must say. Now I can collect Skywards also with directly booking FZ. Awesome. I feel already for the ground staff in T2 who will have to explain to all the Skywards Silver and above why they can not use the lounge or business gate when flying in Y. :-)

i am using EK only on long haul flights where I usually only experiene great service.