FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (Master Thread) except ANA (NH) using VS points.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 4:39 am
newyorklondon

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl
I've read a report of someone successfully booking a OW MCO-AMS on DL in J with VS for 50,000 miles + $5.60 on a UK board. They simply wanted to add their son on the same flight for which they had a cash booking and had no issue getting this ticketed by FC. IIRC this was in May.

When I called the agent was able to pull up that it would be 100k return in J but was unable to tell me how much the fees would be. Mind you, the agent did not appear to know the difference between taxes and fuel surcharges when I asked if they charged fuel on DL. She just kept replying "yes, there will be taxes to pay". The data point on the UK board suggests they don't charge YQ but that was ex-US and we're probably not that lucky on AMS-MCO.

I intend to call back hoping to get a different agent, but it would help to know which dates to ask for.
Yeah, that makes sense - I just worked out how to do it online. See the posts above! Let us know if it works for you.