FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QF WP's off to LHR - conundrum and questions
Old Jul 13, 2004, 5:28 am
QF WP

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Talking Don't you just love NM

Originally Posted by NM
Just be aware that QF51/52 is generally slated to be a 747-300. However, some ops are getting a 747-400. If you get a 3-class -400 sold as 2-class QF51/52, then you want a seat in rows 23-27. That will be a business class seat sold as economy.
Would like to thank NM for his excellent suggestion in his post above (from MarkUK's topic), indeed he alerted me that our flight next week on QF51 appears (currently) to be a 3 class (sold as 2) aircraft.

So I made sure that I changed our seat assignment (one has to love being a WP at these times, a simple phone call to Platinum Desk and they asked Seating to release seats in Row 27), so our re-positioned seats fall into J if the aircraft type slated to take the service actually happens.

Now as I already have 2 U seats waitlisted, it would be nice to save the points/credits and be given a J seat with WHY service; however it would be even better to have F seat with J service!! Now, I just have to wait to see if some points/UC's disappear from my account and my booking changes (like I'm checking twice a day at the moment, but of course it's more likely to happen about 3 days from flight when it comes to the attention of Yield Management).

Then there's also hoping QF9 U seats clear too..that would be the icing on the cake.