FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gifting Gift Cards Anonymously
View Single Post
Old Aug 1, 2018, 12:23 pm
digitalpop

Originally Posted by bobert24
We've got some friends who are having a rough time right now, and there are a few of us who want to help them out financially. We'd prefer to do it anonymously, and a VGC or similar would be perfect. The safest/most anonymous way I can think of is to buy it from one of the giftcard sites, and have it shipped directly to them. I haven't actually bought from any of these sites before (all my previous GC purchases have been B&M), but I figure there's more knowledge in this forum than just about anywhere else.

A couple questions:
1. Are there any sites that send the giftcard without the purchaser's information enclosed? I'd like the shipping address only - no mention of my name. Bonus points if there's no way for them to call the company and trace it back to me.
2. Are there any sites that will actually ship them to an address other than the billing address? I recognize that this may be the biggest issue.
Why don't you just a buy a VGC in-person at a store and mail/deliver it yourself? CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, various supermarkets, Simon Malls.. all places you can buy a VGC in-person.