FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 500 Tier Miles to Renew Gold
View Single Post
Old Aug 1, 2018, 11:00 am
skywardhunter

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by ukdoctor
Does the status still last 2 months beyond the renewal date. I have lost gold status and I am only a blue now as i have not flown EK for a long time , but since renewals were 12 months and status moves were 13 months rolling . ( not sure if this has changed ) I always managed to carry on as gold in the past till the time EK decided to be very generous.

​​​​​​

Ie. even if you do not qualify at the end of 12 months it was not a problem as long as you fly the next month and your 13 month total was above 50k.
You virtually become silver at the 12 month mark till your next flight but that does not happen in real life as status carries on for an extra 2 months anyway.

Sometimes at the time of renewal they just renew if they can see flights that you have booked for the next month. This created problems for me as I had a bunch of flights booked for later on in the year and wanted to lose gold and then move up later on in the year . They ignored the 1100 miles shortfall and kept me as gold. I was not flying for the next 5 months and this meant that I had to re-qualify with miles earned from 7 months and lost gold.

NB: Been away from EK for a whole but starting all over again now. Please cross check my info.
Short version: all still the same as it has been