FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What protection can a credit card offer for self-connecting with different airlines??
Old Aug 1, 2018, 9:15 am
emilio911

Originally Posted by Often1
Would be helpful if OP provided the specific details of interest to him. Otherwise, we're left speculating as to whether he is worried about a new $75 NK ticket or $10K for EK Apartment !
Yes, the whole point of buying on separate tickets is to save money. So, the $10K for EK would not be for my lifestyle. However, the $75 is also out of the way, since as you said, the cheapest walk-up fare cross-Atlantic is about $2000.

Originally Posted by Often1
I have never seen a policy, but cannot say that I have read every policy in existence, which would fully reimburse, without limit, a new ticket when one no shows for that ticket as the result of late arrival on a prior ticket. This is particularly because what is described here are not "connections" and thus not covered as msconnects.
Are you sure you're talking "trip interruption" here? "connections" and "misconnect" sound more like a "trip delay" policy language to me. When talking "trip interruption", each separate airfare would be separate travel. Then the policy would talk about bringing you to "your next trip destination". Of course, all this would be if "common carrier delays" are covered.