FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another CBC article : lost bags on AC affecting wedding
Old Aug 1, 2018, 7:44 am
skybluesea
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
As long as air travelers continue to accept acting as Porters (and all respect to this profession), then this will continue.

Will not be long before baggage, airports, airlines, will NOT be words we use together. With rapid progress in last mile/kilometre delivery services enabled by the likes of Alibaba and Amazon, adding baggage into this vast network will be child’s play. Work still to be done, but not more than 5 to 10 years worth, we are already seeing airlines and logistics service providers getting involved this practice

Aviation security protocols are already in place for traveller and baggage separation, and the logistics industry delivers what we call baggage at fraction of the cost of what I call the retail business of bag delivery for through very expensive airports and costly airline baggage handling procedures on passenger aircraft.

And I suppose the CBC will need to find another hobby horse to beat up, when baggage I.e. cargo moves in more efficient ways than we have now.