FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel, UK [Master Thread]
Old Aug 1, 2018, 1:28 am
UKTraveller4Fun

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by nequine
That is standard for the UK lounges although once a week Glasgow does offer spirits. However at least in the UK you don't have to pay for the alcohol - the red wine comes in at £26 a bottle in the restaurant/bar!

That is no difference to the hotel I stayed at recently in the US! Again, every US lounge I have been in (granted only about half a dozen) the only option for breakfast is either scrambled eggs or porridge.

If you've not bought/got breakfast as part of your rate then you can buy vouchers on check in for £10.
I agree on the drinks being standard although some do more!

In regards the US and UK they have historically been different and this hotel specifically until a couple of weeks ago offered Plats full breakfast in the restuarant and before the lounge was refurbed they had various hot items available in the lounge also!

In regards the breakfast voucher this was not offered or available, it is £ 16 per person unless you advance purchase it at this hotel. The hotel did relent for the 2nd morning and agree that when I made my booking I had every reason to believe that breakfast would be included but made a point of saying they will be covering the full price of £16 per person as they get no discount from the restuarant as its a 3rd party operator!