FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2018 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Jul 31, 2018, 5:24 am
rachel333

Originally Posted by babats
If you look at the profile of those who've received responses / settlement quickly, you'll find that some of them have Exec Club status - this might be the reason they get preferential treatment.

You may also find that as you took matters into your own hands BA may well reject the compensation bit.

Interestingly were you on a single PNR for NCL-LHR-BOS - if you didn't take the 1st sector how did you manage to get the 2nd - or did you panic because they were separate tickets?
So because I decided to fork out almost £200 and do a mad dash across the country instead of cancelling my own holiday, I might not be entitled to compensation? That's insane! The next available NCL-LHR flight available was for 6AM on the 20th July, so a full 24 hours after my cancelled flight, meaning I would have missed my connection by about 20 hours. It was literally either take it into my own hands or cancel the whole thing. Will be devastated if I'm entitled to nothing because I decided to not cancel my entire holiday, and spend my own money to get there. BA did tell me on the phone on the Thursday morning that they will reimburse the train tickets, so I should at the very least be entitled to that money back.

And I had absolutely no issues at check in at Heathrow. I had spoken to someone from BA on the phone beforehand, and was essentially told 'get yourself to Heathrow if you can', so they may have done something on their side to allow me through, but it wasn't even mentioned at the check in desk at Heathrow. Straight through with no issues.