FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying within Russia, Aeroflot and SVO Terminal B
Old Jul 31, 2018, 3:03 am
ilcannone

Programs: Qatar, Turkish, Aeroflot
Originally Posted by OpenSky
Russia in general doesn't take to kindly to electronic boarding passes or electronic bag tags either.Mainly because the ID check guards want to see paper. And they are not accustomed to it or trust it. Can you blame them?

I routinely do electronic bag tag departing Germany on LH going into Russia, but departing Russia in the words of the LH check in agent, "We don't do this in Russia and I think they will go bezerk"

Also there are elevated check if you ever leave the Republics within the Federation. I'm thinking of Kazan and UFA. I have never been to Grozny, I imagine its like that there too.
I could blame them as they've improved efficiency in other areas in the country in the last few years.

Also, there are no elevated checks when bound for Ufa, I've flown there 3 times, two within the last 12 months, and there's nothing special about going there, pretty sure the same can be said for Kazan also. Grozny, Makhachkala, or any other city in Abkhazia, North/South Ossetia, Ingushetia, Dagestan and Chechnya I believe do happen though.

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
As it stands today, the law requires there to be a stamp from security on each boarding pass and that is the reason why they require paper. I am not too familiar with SU, but S7 has those machines which scan the barcode on your phone and instantly print the paper boarding pass. In DME, the machines are located in the check-in area, as well as just before security.

As far as I know, by the end of the year, Russian airports will start accepting mobile BPs.
Interesting..yes Aeroflot has the same machine as S7 which allows printing off mobile boarding passes.
Originally Posted by luitje

1. As Rami Tamimi correctly stated there's an antiquated legal requirement to put a remark on a boarding pass once a passenger has cleared airport security.
2. That is def a temporary situation : they were rushing to complete this new terminal by the world cup, hence launched it with gaps in infrastructure. Shall be fixed in the next month or so.
3. That's an interesting one. You couldn't get your pass in VVO not because it was on the same date, but because it originated from a different airport. This is super weird, but airports' checkin systems in Russia (both machines and at desks) can only issue boarding passes originating locally. It used to be different, but they introduced this restriction circa 2014.
Interesting information, thanks for the clarification!
Originally Posted by l'etoile
Please follow this in the Russia-Based Airlines forum.

l'etoile
sr moderator
Ooops, my mistake!