FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Registered Traveller Scheme - easier entry for regular visitors to the UK
Old Jul 31, 2018, 1:36 am
CrazyJ82

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
Originally Posted by carmy
I live in the UK on a work visa, and have signed up for the registered traveller scheme.

While I was getting my passport checked at LHR yesterday, the immigration officer said my partner - who is on a dependent’s visa - would also be allowed to use the EU line when traveling with me. Is that correct? Does anyone have experience with that?
I would love to know this too. I'm a US passport holder in registered traveler on a tier 2 visa and spouse is a Filipino dependent on my visa. We've been told conflicting things at different times. He was told once (as he processed through the regular line and I used the egates) that he could go to the manned eu desk with me. But most recently a different agent told us that technically since I'm not an EU national I can't bring him with me and he needs to continue using the normal line. (they've also discouraged me from just waiting with him to go through the long line together since RT is supposed to help them cut down on those queues.)