FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Multiple flights and two passports
View Single Post
Old Jul 30, 2018, 11:31 am
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by supatight80
Hi guys, confused what to do in this scenario. I have Philippine and Candian Passports. Countries visiting: South Africa/Zimbabwe/Zambia

- Travelling to South Africa from the Philippines I will be using my Canadian Passport.
- in SA check in counter flight to Zimbabwe, will be using my Canadian passport to check-in.
- SA exit immigration will be using Canadian Passport (as used this passport for entering SA)
- Arrive Zimbabwe using my Philippine passport (as it has the zimbabwe visa). Same as for Zambia

Now question is, will I have any problems at Zimbabwe border as I used my Canadian Passport for checking in while in SA but using my Philippine passport at Zimbabwe border?

Reason for not using philippine passport while checking in at SA for flight to Zimbabwe is because on the return flight, my Philippine passport doesn't have an SA visa.

Wouldn't the airline send passenger manifest to Zimbabwe immigration authorities that I checked in using my Canadian passport?

Whats the correct way for doing this?
What you show the airline for check-in doesn't need to match what you show immigration inspectors - but the passport you enter with and exit with if a country has exit controls, needs to match. You can show the airline agents anything you want, and whatever they send to the govt is really not your problem and doesn't need to match.