FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tour of 10 cities promotes new RR Priority CC; up to 65K bonus, $149 fee
Old Jul 29, 2018, 3:48 pm
UALOneKPlus
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN Platinum
Originally Posted by tjh8402
I was able to Google the number. Unfortunately, the representative told me that I am not eligible to upgrade at all. She said you have to have the card for at least a year before it can be upgraded
I wonder if that's really true. I applied last June for a new Premier card, got approved and started using card in August (less than 12 months), but I was targeted with upgrade offer and was able to upgrade via the email recently.
Originally Posted by roundtree
That restriction is due to Federal regulations. The card issuer is prohibited by law from changing the terms of your card less frequently than every 12 months. Hence, the waiting game...
Interesting...I'll have to keep that in mind when I get future terms changes and see if it's valid.
Originally Posted by FSF
Only read a handful of the posts but am wondering what is the point of the "tour" from our perspective. I get why LUV wants to do it but what is the incentive for anyone of us to go to one of their tour stops? Sorry if this was covered.
I think this is a marketing / publicity tour to raise awareness, and give away some prizes at the tour. They are giving away various prizes including round trip for 2. I would go but I'm up in the air during the times they are doing the tour at locations relevant to me. Oh well.

I wasn't even aware of the new card, and didn't even see my email invitation to upgrade until I saw the publicity blitz via facebook ads.