FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Breaking: CAN transfer bonus avios to BAEC!
Old Jul 29, 2018, 1:39 pm
craigthemif
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by broland
I think you're confusing 2 different issues: 1 is transfering avios, the other is using avios. The T&Cs allowed the USE of avios (redeeming - be it on tickets or hotels or whatever partner IP has) until the 1st of Deceber, after which they will expire whether they're in my IP account or transfered to my BAEC account.
The other issue is transfering to BAEC, which was not forbidden in the T&Cs.
So if I transfer my 90k avios to BAEC and redeem them there until Dec 1st that should not pose any problem or risk to any of my accounts (IP or BAEC).
I am not confusing anything. You are now able to move your 90k avios to BAEC. Enjoy.

If you believe that redeeming Avios via BAEC is 100% exactly the same thing as redeeming Avios via Iberia Plus under the T&Cs of an Iberia Plus promotion, even though the two programmes are completely separate and are only linked by CMA, then I look forward to hearing back in December about how that went for you...