FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Travel Packages
View Single Post
Old Jul 29, 2018, 11:17 am
OssianBlue

Originally Posted by Counsellor
I've been looking in the T&C and on the Marriott site for a breakdown similar to this, and I haven't found one. There is no itemization that I've seen so that the "buyer" knows that the portions of the package are priced in such a manner. Please show me where this information is available to the person redeeming the award when he redeems it.

What I see is that that 7 nights can be "purchased" separately by redeeming 210K points if the hotel is a Cat 7. Looks as though that's how they value those seven nights. So that part of the package could be said to be worth 210K points and the miles worth the balance. Please show me where the T&C say differently. It seems to me that what the "buyer" sees is the package is the package. If they don't itemize (which seems more likely) I would argue the certificate stands on its own and is worth 7 nights in the (hypothetical) Cat 7 property.
Yep, this is clearly the case. I think you'll even struggle to find anything in the T&C that allows Marriott to unilaterally cancel the 7N instrument in the first place.