FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - It has been 3 weeks - your experience with Fairmont / Accor
Old Jul 29, 2018, 6:47 am
YOWCDNFF

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Checked-in for the first time at a Fairmont last week (QEH). Reservation was made on the Fairmont website post-merger:
  • Clearly marked priority line - which is now at the far end of the check-in counter though. Because it is close to main check-in counter, some confusion. There is also a column not helping to see the check-in desk for LCAH members
  • Had to provide credit card info as Accor is not passing this on. Also, did not receive the pre-check in e-mail that Fairmont used to send - so not able to do so
  • Provided with one drink voucher for use at the bar or restaurant. Valid for alcoholic or soft drinks, excluding specific premium drinks
  • Upgraded to a regular room with a view (Tried to use an upgrade certs earlier in the week but agent pretty much told me to not bother as she could not upgrade me due to a higher category than what I would get as LCAH, due to lack of availability)
  • Fairmont Fit Kit provided as usual
  • Assigned to Hypoallergenic room as per profile/previous requests
  • Quick check-out option (via e-mail) provided (same format as before)
All in, it still felt a bit off, but not so much that this would be a major issues. Not, just waiting for the points to post...