Old Jul 28, 18, 9:50 pm
koz

Programs: QF, VA, CX
Originally Posted by ksu View Post
Luggage checked through is usually not held overnight at OSL, so staying overnight at OSL means that you will have to pick up and recheck your luggage.

By all means go for one of the two on-site hotels at OSL. They are quite similar. Radisson Blu is a bit nicer, a bit closer and has a bit better (usually included) breakfast buffet, but Park Inn is more than sufficient. Actually I usually stay at Park Inn, as I often stay on SAS points, where the price difference is much higher than when paid in money.

Avoid the off-site airport hotels. They might be cheaper, but one has to pay for the shuttle (NOK 120 R/T) which negates some of the price difference, and - more important - the shuttle often runs only every half hour.

If one has to stay off-site the brand new Scandic hotel at LillestrÝm is a much better bet. The local train (or airport express train) is much more frequent than the shuttle, travel time is about 15 minutes, and the hotel is literally across the street from the back entrance of the station.

As for Plus vs. Go, there is no lounge or fast track security at EVE (in any case an effective small airport), and lounge access at OSL has been adequately discussed by other. Fast track check-in and security at OSL after your overnight is a good perk though, and you will get free food and drinks in Plus (including alcoholic beverages), whereas GO is just coffee and tea. So if price difference is low (including extra suitcases) go for Plus. No need to hurry in booking. EVE is a popular destination, but there might be campaigns bringing down the total cost.
Thanks KSU.

Have you noticed if the prices of the Radisson Blu or the Park Inn ever vary for a certain date like air fares? The non refundable price is a lot cheaper than the flexible rate and I won't rush to book and will wait until I've booked the air ticket but at the moment I'm seeing the same prices each time I look for the date I will need. Since we arrive at OSL at 22:50 I don't want to mess around with shuttles at that time of night so it's definitely worth paying the higher prices for either of the 2 hotels at the airport.

If the prices are not too different after allowing to pay for luggage we've decided that we will book Plus.