FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Separate ticketing / PNR: AA, oneworld, through baggage & protection issues > 2016
Old Jul 27, 2018, 12:46 pm
LAX_Esq

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
I typically have a very high risk tolerance for this type of connection, but with bags connecting to a once-a-day flight I'm not sure about this one.

Unless IB has a specific policy like AA they are probably under no obligation to rebook you. Should you miss the flight, in a best case scenario you'd be rebooked on the next day's flight, while most likely they'd tell you to go pound sand (i.e. buy a brand new ticket). AA has the policy to protect on separate tickets, so it would be up to AA to coordinate with IB to get you rebooked. This is a prime example of the scenario I mentioned a few posts above, in that even though a policy is in place, actually finding an employee willing to help and abide by it is a YMMV situation at international outstations like MAD.
Yep, that's my fear. I'd be confident AA would resolve a problem in the US, but I've found that it's the wild west at these 'international outstations.'