FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)
Old Jul 27, 2018, 1:37 am
spgplat21

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
I'm anything but a Marriott apologist, but I have to give credit where credit is due. My Marriott suite upgrade percentage has been pretty ridiculous this past year, and the stays/upgrades below were all non-suite bookings except for the RC Grand Cayman stay. And this was all after having a total of 10 nights with MR prior to 2017 and still mainly focusing on SPG. I will likely qualify for an ambassador next year with my combined nights and spend so I'm anxious to see what the elite treatment will be like once the programs officially combine. If it keeps up at this rate, I will be very pleased. Here's my MR stays/upgrades (not counting some boring CY, RI stays in small towns) from the last year and a half.

JW Marriott Austin - 2 stays (1 suite, 1 high floor room)
RC New York Central Park - 3 stays (1 very large suite, 1 junior suite, 1 regular room with an external view)
RC Philadelphia - 3 stays (2 suites, no upgrade the 3rd stay)
JW Essex House - 1 stay (1 junior suite)
RC Boston - 1 stay (1 suite)
RC Grand Cayman - 1 stay (upgraded non-view suite to an ocean view residence) (on a side note, it was complete crap that my exorbitant non-room rate spend that week earned absolutely 0 points, but I'm glad that's changing going forward and the nice upgrade helped dull the pain)
Marriott PHL Airport - 1 stay (no upgrade)
Renaissance New Orleans - 1 stay (no upgrade)
Renaissance Austin - 1 stay (1 suite upgrade)