FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Early-morning flight from VCE - when to get there?
Old Jul 26, 2018, 4:32 pm
edo01

Originally Posted by obscure2k
I have taken that flight several times. It would be helpful to know if you are flying business or economy class as the check in lines move faster for business class passengers.
I see no reason for you to stay at a nearby airport hotel. When we take that early flight, we leave a wake-up call at our hotel in Castello area of Venice for 0400. We have packed and showered and paid our bill the night before. We have also arranged for a water-taxi to meet us at 4:15. We arrive at airport about 20 minutes later (not much traffic on the lagoon at that hour). Arriving at 0500 should not be a problem.. The only glitch would be if there was a lot of fog in the AM and that is something you can check the night before, to allow yourself more time.
After too many of those early AM flights, I now take flights out ofVCE which leave after 10:AM. My next flight from VCE/CDG/LAX leaves around noon.
2 hrs will be okay, as you may face a long line to drop-off your bags (even if you have already checked-in online). Security line in VCE is always short and well organized. After security you don't have to be worried about passport control as all the border formalities will take place in CDG.