FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask questions, brag (2018+)
Old Jul 26, 2018, 3:13 pm
enpremiere

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by aacar
+1
Called twice last night to see if this might exist. The second agent even berated me for asking about it...
I wouldn't write it off 100% but it's probably very, very, very, very rare to get these days (see the thread here) and even rare to find agents that know of it. From past adventures with this, it would only appear when an Executive Platinum number was populated on the agent's side during a phone call and any "expanded" availability that was offered, was most certainly not visible via the aa.com channel when logged in as an Executive Platinum.

Some agents would jump right to QMAX (for which no requests in premium buckets can be queued as of a year or more) but I don't believe that it was the same thing.

Perhaps JonNYC, JDiver, or someone else on FT with insider knowledge knows of the current state of this still-published benefit or even where its availability would pull from. It's a mustache-twirler as to why it's still visibly published unless it's really referring to QMAX.

Then again, so are TATL sAAver flights on AA metal.