FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)
Old Jul 26, 2018, 1:45 pm
C17PSGR

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Then you ignore them and pretend otherwise. Please stop.
If we want to compare experiences as a Platinum Premier on the Marriott side to an SPG plat, perhaps someone is interested in starting that thread but no need to keep it here. If that's all the suites you've had since May 2016 that exceed the SPG standard suite requirement, I find that telling that you can't really compare programs. I'll note, as one example, you indicated you felt the StR in San Fran allowed you to check in early after initially denying a Your24. I've had that three times in the past month alone at different properties without any ambassador intervention between the JW in London, the Marriott in Santiago, and the Charlotte City Center. All three gave me great suites on top of that (although the Charlotte property offered me a choice of an immediate check-in to a non-suite or waiting for them to ready a suite). Similarly, after reading the thread about restaurants, I emailed into to research @ starwood. I received an email back today -- 3.5 days later which seems equivalent to what you posted -- with all the points in my account.

As I said earlier, lets keep focused on requests we have made to ambassadors and how the ambassadors have responded. That helps people, just as one of the other posters here made me think I could get assistance from my Marriott ambassador on an SPG stay. Similarly, the recent restaurant thread helped those not familiar with that SPG benefit and I scored nearly a 1000 Starpoints quickly from that. Bickering about which program is better doesn't help anyone -- its one program in three weeks. Lets help each other here, and not worry about whether hotels are luxury or not luxury (there's a forum for that on FT).

And for those interested in comparing your claims to others with SPG ambassadors, there is a thread in the SPG forum.

Last edited by C17PSGR; Jul 26, 2018 at 2:47 pm