FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Experiences 2018
Old Jul 26, 2018, 11:27 am
Lionheart

HI Portsmouth

Holiday Inn Portsmouth

What is your Priority Club status? Spire Elite

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Absolutely Not.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked 2x Double Room, Received 1x Double and 1x Executive Double Room.

How are the rooms? Filthy. You wouldn't tell that they employed a cleaner. I presume they do employ a cleaner? The beds were made and so housekeeping do exist. No surfaces were wiped - TV absolutely smeared with white ?toothpaste, blood marks on the walls, stains on the bed, dust in all the corners. There's no point upgrading to an Executive Room unless you want working air con or a mini-fridge in the room. You get complimentary water & ginger nut biscuits in an executive room as well. Apart from those differences, the rooms are absolutely identical; including the toiletries.

How is the exec. lounge? N/A

What was good and what was bad?
Good:
+Given welcome amenity (But See Bad....)
+Given room upgrade in one of the rooms
+Granted late check-out (But See Bad....)

Bad:
---Told at the bar I could only use the free Spire Drink for a 'House' Spirit when I was trying to order a Bacardi and Coke. Took several minutes back and forth until they let me use it for Barcardi! Highly confrontational to me.
----Hygiene non-existent within the rooms
-----The term 'executive' is completely inappropriate to describe their 'executive' room.
---------Air con broken in the 1x Double Room - during the current heatwave in the U.K. Notified housekeeping on Saturday morning (with check-out on Sunday afternoon) and told nothing could be done except bring a fan to the room. No room swap or further compensation offered
---------------------------------------Despite being granted late check-out of 2pm, they would give me a £100 fine if I did not move my car before 1pm out of their car-park. I was told to use the on-road parking and pay a high hourly rate despite them having parking vouchers for the road at reception. They didn't even tell me I had to move my car when I was granted late check-out; I only found out on the morning of check-out when trying to get the second of the two rooms a check-out of 2pm as well (They insisted only 1 room could check-out at 2pm, the other was 11am - despite them initially offering both rooms at midday). They were not in the least bit apologetic and said any fine is my problem to sort out and they don't get involved "with the 3rd party parking company".
--- Refused to even ask for feedback on check-out as they knew how poorly we rated the stay. I gave my room number and they said nothing to pay, Bye.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? The room rate for the weekend was £250/night (usually circa £90-£100/night) due to university graduations in the area. I paid 25,000 points/night/room for 2 nights. Not value for money. I will never return to this hotel.