FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Melbourne Marriott, Australia [Master Thread]
Old Jul 26, 2018, 12:53 am
laxmillenial

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
I find this troubling. When looking to book this property online today (award travel), even logged in as Plat, it showed AUS$75/night extra for executive floor/lounge access. So I called the US rez line, and was assured it was some sort of aberration and it was strictly not necessary to book the upcharge option as Plat (having said that, I'm not confident the agent was particularly senior).

Is this some kind of rogue property that just ignores elite status altogether? Sadly, it's the only MR game in town, and SPG is not looking very strong either - worse, in fact. Then again, I say "rogue" but clearly the upcharge option is loaded into the Marriott rez system. Hmph.
I have never seen any spg/marriott hotel let you select an executive floor/lounge access at booking for no surcharge, no matter what status you have. Has this been your 'normal'?

When making a reservation, you select whichever room you wish to pay for (normal, deluxe, suite, lounge floor) and when you check in, you are given benefits based on your status, and this includes moving you to an executive floor or coding your key cards for lounge access. The way you describe it, only Plats would be booking rooms for family, friends, coworkers, strangers, etc. if they could select a lounge access floor at booking.