FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador Experiences 2018
Old Jul 25, 2018, 8:11 am
saaveraward

IC Budapest

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Classic, superior river vew

How are the rooms?
The bathroom is comically small. No power ports at either bed side. No alarm clock. The clock on the television is so bright, bring your eyeshades. You can seriously do shadow puppets on the walls behind you at night

How is the exec. lounge?
did not purchase access, not offered upsell

What was good and what was bad?
- early spire ambassador check in
- location and view, easy walk to Vaci Street, Central Market, Parliament, St. Paul's
- Ambassador gift was fruit (app request for savory ignored) and luggage tag I get every year anyway, drink coupon (beer, house wine, prosecco)
- had to repeatedly request water re-fresh
- Phone kept ringing in the room. I'd pick up someone would say hello or no one would be there. I finally told them to put a DND on the phone.
- I had consecutive, joined reservations which is a common practice. Well, the overnight manager checks you out and back in. This TURNS ON THE TV at 3 am and again at 5 am!
- Front desk staff very nice. Concierge, servers, bar staff cold and impersonal.
- There was a situation I won't get in to but the duty manager offered breakfast for my remaining days as an apology. I said nothing was needed and I don't eat breakfast. He insisted again. I said, fine, how about a drink coupon for the bar like I got at check in. He said "I really do want you to have the breakfast." Why do you keep offering me something I told you I don't want? So the next morning I went to the cafe and had breakfast. Guess what? Charged ion checkout. Didn't even want to deal with it anymore so I paid for it.

When I checked out, the manager said something about giving me some points for my trouble, I think 1,000 (nothing's hit yet) which is embarrassing. I'll wait for that like my comped breakfast.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
No. Even with a BOGO and paying 200 euro for 2 nights I would not. There's a Four Seasons, Sofitel and Ritz Carlton right there. Even at a higher price point I would stay elsewhere over the IC.

score: 6/10