Old Jul 24, 18, 7:39 pm
s0me0nesmind1

Programs: AA Plat | Delta Plat | Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by diver858 View Post
Have you checked AS? Their economy seats to Hawaii from the West Coast are some of the lowest prices available, <redacted>. The pmVX 32X out of SFO have much better first class cabins, standard AS 737 first class is tolerable for the 6 hour flight.
Either use the AMEX MRs to pay for the tickets, or sign up for the AS BofA credit card, which includes a companion pass - only pay for one ticket!
Yeah to be honest, it didn't look too bad cash price wise. The problem is I have no status to upgrade.

As far as mileage, it costs 40,000 miles (coach) each way - so a total of 160,000 for a round trip for the 2 of us. Doesn't look that great to me? First class is even worse at 80,00 miles each way for a total of 360,000.

The AS BofA cc for companion definitely sounds intriguing though if I was willing to do coach I suppose. Problem is, I really want this to be relaxing for once. Normally we fly coach and I just wanted to treat the wife for once.

Got any tips as to how to find a friend that is willing/able to give up 2 upgrades? Any idea how much people generally pay?

Last edited by JDiver; Mar 2, 20 at 10:47 am