FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August
Old Jul 24, 2018, 2:41 pm
InHouseCounsel

Programs: UA 1K/1MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist,
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
I see a lot of discussion about the value in qualifying in both programs but am trying to understand if there is any value to me.

I already qualify for LTPP as I have been a Marriott PP for several years and am well over 2000 nights. I also have 85 actual nights for the year and will easily hit 125-150 actual nights.

However, I just realized I might be able to get 25 stays on the SPG side and qualify for plat based on that. Is there any advantage to doing so? Any extra SNA's, to the extent they are of any value?
I have been lifetime Marriott PLT and lifetime SPG PLT for a few years, and even though I had enough nights each year to earn SNA's since they started, they were not of much value to me. There are a bunch of discussion on the SPG side of this board with folks who think they are great and others who think they are worthless, so it really does seem to depend on where and when you try to use them. I was very happy when they switched and let us pick a different benefit and not just the SNA's.