FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Idiotic Customer Service Protocols
View Single Post
Old Jul 24, 2018, 12:45 pm
Anonba

Originally Posted by newyorklondon
I think maybe the agent just got confused. I understand various alarm bells going off when a child is involved, but having some kind of across-the-board policy to follow would be useful.

For example, South Africa has very strict documentation rules with regard to under-18s (even if both parents or guardians are present), and our experience is that BA's actions on the ground seem to vary quite a bit depending on the manager in charge of the local outstation. I wrote before on here about a dismal experience at SFO, where the BA check-in staff said that they were obliged to photocopy our son's birth certificate ("BA policy"). After I made a complaint, it turns out it's no such thing, it was just an over-zealous manager's personal policy at the SFO outstation. We've never been asked for a copy to be made before or since.
The agent wasnt confused if you arent named the agent cant discuss. If theres only a passenger name and the agent isnt able to see a cardholder name they cant speak to someone not named.