FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)
Old Jul 24, 2018, 10:54 am
damon88

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kaizen7
It is not
Personally I think being a frequent guest will give you better treatment compare to just ambassador status.

Sure for the meet up

We stayed there earlier this month (just missed bhrubin by a few days) and were extremely pleased by our elite recognition (I just made Ambassador a few months ago)

We were upgraded to a Metropolitan Suite (my understanding is the suite is privately referred to as the "Rubin Suite" since it has the (awesome) custom black out curtains in the bedroom) We also received nice welcome gifts. Mostly just really excellent service throughout our stay. We have stayed at the St. Regis before (maybe 5 times in the last 12 years) Not what one would call a frequent guest.

I do find that we receive amazing service at the St. Regis hotels we have visited (of the 10 or so we have tried the only slight disappointment was St. Regis Rome) It's one of our favorite brands.

My real "test run" of my Ambassador status will be on our October trip to Paris and Greece. We will be celebrating a big anniversary and it will be the first time I ask my Ambassador to reach out in advance to the hotels.

Last edited by damon88; Jul 24, 2018 at 11:39 am