FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is A3 using OA flight numbers to deny *A benefits?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 9:59 am
LTN Phobia
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by yauee
Please also boycott LH - Eurowing, SQ - Silkair &, TG - Thai Smiles, BR - UniAir. You will be happy
Could add BA as well since they only allow their CCR card holders to access their 'true' first class lounge (Concorde Room).

Anyway I am crediting my next flight to A3 even though I earn substantially more with LH, just to make sure I keep my A3 Gold for next year. The thing is, I can't even get around the issue by booking J as far too many of A3 flights I take don't even have J.

I've done my cost-benefit analysis and decided it's worth losing some LH miles by crediting a flight early to ensure I keep the A3 status (quite likely I'll have enough with just A3 flights but I wanted 'insurance'), despite LH miles being much easier to use. (I'm going to use A3 miles to book my husband's flight in Y...)

I guess A3's policy is working, and I am led by the nose by it. However, my view is that no-one is holding a gun to my head so it's all a fair game on A3's side!