FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Agent hung up on me for using F word during IRROPS rebook call!!!
Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:13 am
BearX220
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by mikesyr18
Adults swear... It's part of life... With each passing day, the freedoms of being an adult slowly go down the drain .
Originally Posted by justforfun
"What the f" vs "F you". Big difference... Things slip out.
Originally Posted by mikesyr18
You want to work in customer service? Deal with angry, swearing customers... It's what you're paid to do.
Sorry, but we have not normalized the f-bomb to the point where it's unremarkable. It's still not permitted on broadcast TV. We do not tune into the CBS F... g Evening News or Shark F... g Week. McDonald's does not advertise Chicken F... g McNuggets. We do not want our children dropping the word (I hope). And if my daughter were working the CS lines I would not want her to be forced to listen to f-bombs. They are not routine in business dialogue. If Southwest policy is to permit the CSA to terminate a call when the f-card is played, no matter the context, I say bravo for backing its workers.

And mikesyr18, the culture is not sliding toward greater politesse. The reverse is true. We keep defining profanity / obscenity downward. We should resist.

Last edited by BearX220; Jul 24, 2018 at 7:18 am