FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NH Flight cancelled - what to do if OTA does not contact me? [www.travelstart.com]
Old Jul 24, 2018, 2:51 am
danielonn

Originally Posted by Seyan
Yes, that's right. The booking itself still exists, there's just one flight that has an "unknown" status (cancelled). But when I use the booking reference at ANA homepage, I can't do anything anymore... can't change seat reservation, can't add passport information, nothing. I even can't get the e-ticket.
Being at the airport at the original departure time is the last option but doing so would result in one day loss of holiday (as there's not chance to get any other flight to Japan even if ANA would try to do that). I'm not even sure if I would find someone to help me as the connection flight isn't operated by ANA (ANA only operates the flight DUS-NRT; the connection flight should have been operated by Eurowings). But if you suggest to relax (at least for the next few weeks), I will try to calm down for now. As I told in the opener, ANA offered me to call them again if the OTA does not respond in any way.
Finally, I would expect them to contact me about the cancelled flight by themselves. Or is it normal that the OTA doesn't care about that? Moving departure time is an easy thing, they can just send an automated mail. But the current situation demands personal action and it appears they hate that kind of work.
Yes the booking still exists but a cancelled segment is waiting to be ammended. I am almost tempted to turn such a cancellation into an adventure if I have nowhere else to go. I wiuld show up at the airport and play dumb and ask the ticket agent to reroute me in a higher cabin class and send the add/collect MCT to OTA or negotiate a hotel,meal vouchers and claim IDB and EU 261 if apllicable.

If the OTA fails to call you on a cancelled flight then the customer has power to get the airline to get you home and perhaps drop the contract with thr OTA. BTW which OTA did the OP use?

I love playing dumb when travelling as when I know its in my favor skme of the best adventures have occured because of schedule changes. So maybe the OP would want to keep hush about it and just show up to the airport ticket counter and tell the agent their OTA did not inform them as at 24 hours the airline owns the ticket and can change it.