FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WoH Credit card! [Launched 2018] (Chase)
View Single Post
Old Jul 23, 2018, 11:51 pm
mnredfox
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Has anyone who had the old Hyatt CC that cancelled and opened the new card gotten their spend bonus yet? Approaching 1 mo so figuring some spenders have to have some experience now.

Also, I got my FN from my card anniversary in mid April. Haven't redeemed it yet. For those that are close to their anniversary date I can understand waiting til they get the anniversary night. For me, it makes no sense to wait 9 months to forgo the additional benefits. So, my questions are:

1. I presume that if I cancel the old card, the FN in my WOH account is still good and won't be taken away?
2. Will I get a prorated refund on my AF if I cancel? So if my AF was assessed in April, I presume I can get about 75% of that back?
3. Tips on closing my account: I am currently using my CC still pretty actively (staying at Hyatt's weekly). Say I stop spending maybe 1 week before statement close and pay the balance in advance of the statement close (so balance is $0 on last statement). Seems like I can close on statement date and maybe only wait 3-5 days?