FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Farnborough Airshow - AC, UA, LX and OS J
Old Jul 23, 2018, 7:39 pm
canforce

Programs: AC
Well, as they say all good things must come to an end.

Having not totally adjusted to the time I was up at the crack of 0130 despite having a car booked for 0315. I watched some TV, took a shower and got ready to go. Heading downstairs to check out at 0300 I found my car was already waiting outside for me. I had booked a car through Blackberry cars due to the fact that the Heathrow Express doesnt start operating until 0530 on Sundays. And at only 30 pounds total for the trip prepaid I was very pleased with the service overall. Ontime, affordable price and one of the fastest car trips I have ever been on.

I got to the airport before the swiss counters were even open and was first in line to drop my bag off, and then wait for Security to Open. Terminal two though is not a happening place at 0415 in the morning. No restaurants or stores were open, and I was starving! Though at 0500 the Lufthansa lounge opened up and I pounced to get some food and coffee.

The food was actually pretty good but before long it was time to head down to the aircraft for the one hour and forty minute flight down to Zurich.

Swiss Airlines
LHR - ZRH
Airbus A321

They had parked this aircraft at the very end of terminal two but I won the lottery and got an actual gate for the aircraft today.

We ended up leaving the gate a few minutes late but were told we would make the time up in the air.

We taxied for about ten minutes and were quickly in the air. Service started pretty quickly and again, it was nothing special but overall a good solid service. I havent flown swiss in a while and it was better than I remembered. Here are a few pictures I took on the taxi and in the air.

Standard European business class seating

The food was pretty good

We only taxied for two minutes on landing and were parked at the D Gates before long. Then came the long trek over to the E Gates. I thought about taking the trip into Zurich during the 4.5 hour layover but the weather was not that good, I was exhausted and I wanted to check out the lounge. So off I went to the Swiss Airlines Business lounge at the E Gates.

Here are a few pictures I took of the lounge. Okay when I say a few I mean a lot. It was a really great lounge and was really impressed with it.

Having a very long time in the lounge I even decided to go and take a shower. There was zero wait and I was right in.

And E Gates has an excellent observation deck where you can sit outside after pouring yourself your own beer.