FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Speculation: survey about upgrades 23 Jul 2018 -- changes on the way?
Old Jul 23, 2018, 4:44 pm
rollthere

Programs: AA PPRO (OW Emerarld), BA Silver, DL PM
Received this as well as an EXP. Your questions in 1 were slightly different than mine. I didn't have the option of the 3 fee free changes per year (forget what my other option was) and had the 15 upgrade certificates confirmable at booking ("subject to upgrade availability") rather than your 4. Maybe they're throwing different numbers out there to see who bites on the lowest number they'd settle for?

I think I would still rather roll the dice with 4 SWUs per year rather than go down to only 2 even if they can be confirmed at booking. (It was hard enough going from 8 down to 4). I do too much international travel and that would also rule out using them with a travel companion. Also I don't like the way they phrase the question about preferring unlimited upgrades to 15 upgrades confirmable at booking "provided upgrade availability." Even though I don't travel a lot domestically that just sounds like them taking away unlimited upgrades and still holding back upgrade availability. As this is exactly what they do today.

Obviously Discount Dougie has made the command decision that we are receiving entirely too many elite benefits as is and changes must be made!

Last edited by rollthere; Jul 23, 2018 at 7:08 pm