Old Jul 23, 18, 4:47 pm
IAN-UK
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, LH, QR, TK
Originally Posted by johnnywho View Post
Cairo Airport Transit from T3(Int'l) to T1(Int'l)

I am scheduled to take a flight from T1 at 6pm and I am now looking at a flight LH 582 scheduled to land at 2:15pm (however it is often late by 30-40min) and I wonder whether I would have enough time to make the 6pm from T1 with transfer, with or without getting a visa etc.

Anybody who has recently gone through CAI airport between T3 and T1?

I haven't found any official website with information about it.
Transfers between Cairo terminals are ether airside or landside.

Airside transfers are where you do not need to collect luggage, and are quite simple. Go to the transit desk and show them your boarding card, check-in acknowledgment or itinerary. They will tell you to wait until transport is available. You will be driven over the apron to your next terminal. If you dont have a full boarding card, the immigration officer will take your documents and you'll have to wait in a special area until your airline sends through the boarding card. At which time you should get a transit stamp in your passport, then you'll be released into the airside section of your new terminal.

Landside transfers are a tad more troublesome because they mean entering Egypt. You'll do them if you have bags and are unable to through check them. You'll need to have an electronic visa or buy a visa sticker for the equivalent of $25 from the banks close to the immIgration desks. Then you'll queue for immigration. Bags get through quite quickly. Grab yours, go through customs and make your way to the next terminal, where you'll go through check-in etc.