FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SAS Plus Europe [merged experience reports & FAQ]
Old Jul 23, 2018, 5:58 am
koz

Programs: QF, VA, CX
Thanks groovyfly. If we book a Go fare (I don't want to book Go Light) there will be one bag included and we will still need to purchase an extra bag. If I pay the extra bag fee for the whole MAN - OSL - EVE trip is it correct that I should only be charged the one fee for both flights, even though I will have the bags checked to OSL and then check them in again to EVE the next morning?

I've checked prices for booking the two sectors separately and at current prices it's quite a bit cheaper to book them together. Thanks for the suggestion to put a price alarm in Google flights - I haven't tried that before.

I know I'm planning ahead for the flights but we already have cruises booked, as well as the car rental and two hotels in the Lofoten Islands since I've read that some can sell out quickly in peak season, which is why I have exact dates and flights already planned. After we fly EVE - LHR on July 19 we go on a cruise to Greenland on July 21. I've also already booked our J award flights with CX from SYD to AMS for the start of our trip, which I had to book on the day they were released.

For an airport hotel at OSL we have to decide whether to book one of the two hotels that are at the airport or one of the cheaper ones that are a couple of km away. Considering the flight from MAN arrives at 22:50 it may be easier to be right at the airport so as to not worry about shuttles late at night and then again the next morning.