FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lowe's VGC
Thread: Lowe's VGC
View Single Post
Old Jul 22, 2018, 5:19 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dealhunter32
It works to buy $1,000 all at once at some stores. It's pretty ridiculous that the limit is per store, as if we would know what other customers are buying at the same store. There is no such limit at Office Depot even though their gift cards are serviced by the same company. At least the 10% Amex offer still gets credited on refunded purchases.
You will see a crawl back. May not happen right away but it will. It will first show under My Savings, and then become posted transaction with reversal of the previous credits. Then you get back the "room" to earn the credit, up to the $100 allowed. The history shown under My Savings would disappear completely. The crawl back on our cards happened on statement closing date. Subsequent purchases earned back the credit.

It is Velocity issue. You can either try to avoid the issue by limiting to 3 cards per hour at same store, or take the chance and wait for the nonactivated cards to activate later.

It may also be regional. All Lowes in my area act the same, 3 cards per hour at the same store regardless which card is used and at which register. Every store here that allows CC payment has had this velocity limit per different people's experiences. When this first happened, the CS manager called help desk when she could not figure out why 2 cards not activated. Help Desk told her the velocity limit, and Help Desk performed a refund remotely - as in that she and I watched the register screen on entries appeared when the refund was processed. Both the initial 5 cards transaction and the 2 cards refund posted on the same day in the AMEX account.

Last edited by Happy; Jul 22, 2018 at 5:29 pm