FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2018 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Jul 22, 2018, 3:45 pm
snapplefan

Programs: AA,BAEC bronze
To file or not to file
Experienced a dreadful delay Friday on BA167 after having flown in from LAX in CW with a 6 hrs layover connecting to TLV with a scheduled departure of 1640.
Boarding for BA167 was delayed for about an hour only to the sit on the plane for three hours due to a valve that was stuck in an open position on the potable tank. Toilets were not to be used for the time of course. Maintenance was on top of it according to the Capt. as the plan was to exchange the valve with a new one from the maintenance warehouse 2 miles away. Considering it as Friday evening the journey to get the valve was a time consuming effort only to find out it didn’t quite fit. Capt kept us informed of all the steps and we were told maintenance would try to take one out of another 777 but had no idea how long this may take. So decision was made to get everyone off the plane with the request to stay close to the gate until they figure out what to do next. Staff handed out £5 vouchers to get drink or snack etc. unfortunately I’d spent mine on kinder eggs for the grand children. At approx. 2200 we were asked to get back on the plane and settle in again. Capt was happy to report that the plane was 100% serviceable and I was happy to get on the way when he added that unfortunately catering deemed the food not edible for consumption anymore and had offloaded the entire food catering. I know airplane food is not the best but I was so looking forward to the lamb dish but all I received was a bottle of water and a soda. I was too tired to get upset and was happy to finally get on the way. I was also impressed by the flow of information from the Captain throughout this delay but is the £5 vouchersufficient? Granted nobody yet knew that the would be offloaded.
Should or can I file for compensation?
The wiki stated something about flights to and from Israel are not eligible for compensation due to delays?