FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Points earning at restaurants
View Single Post
Old Jul 22, 2018, 3:00 pm
Points Scrounger
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
I noted in a recent SPG stay that the folks at checkin told me that I could only charge things to my room at certain restaurants at the property.

Thanks ... that makes sense. So, is there a way to get credit for places I recently ate at? Also, how do I get credit at restaurants if not staying there. Just give them my SPG number?
In most cases, there would be a triplicate carbon form that the hotel retains to have the points credited; you would get the blue customer copy to submit if necessary. One hotel restaurant claimed that they were an independent outfit, so I took my receipt directly to the front desk where they were able to generate the claim form for me, with the points posting promptly.

if you have receipts for past dining when you were not a guest, you would send an email to research atsign Starwoodhotels, header Missing Dining Points, attaching scans/photos of receipts. Sample message ...

Hi,

On this date I dined at (restaurant) at (property) and have not received any points credit in my account. I have attached copies of the receipt. Thank you for your assistance.

Points Scrounger
SPG# (yours)

Takes a week or so to hear back, usually they send a reply email confirming the points.

Good luck!