FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA RTW change fee hell. What can I do?
View Single Post
Old Jul 22, 2018, 10:34 am
Anonba

Originally Posted by Wingnut
I have a bunch of LONE4s that I booked through BA (which I'm beginning to suspect was a major mistake).

I had a nightmare booking them, which need not detain us now (briefly the booking was mishandled initially by a number of different agents so it didn't get to / from the fares department and held seats were lost without notice and then the inventory had gone etc etc etc).

Now I'm trying to make a date change. It's not the first segment. It's an AA flight. Routing (indeed, flight number) remains the same, just one day later. The L class inventory is there.

The Delhi call centre is insisting that there is a $125 fee payable for this change. I explicitly confirmed when booking the fare that there was no change fee for a date only change, whereas a routing change (or initial segment change) would incur a re-fare and a fee.

So I called the UK sales office. They confirm there shouldn't be a fee. But they can't make the change because they just sell flights. So they put me through to Delhi, who say there's a fee.

The One World website says that only reroutes will incur a fee. It also says to call the airline you're flying on for the relevant segment, so I call AA but they say only BA can make the change.

What can I do? I really want to make the change ASAP so I can make plans around it (and before the inventory goes).
Call the UK team and select the option for change
booking and ask them to check the fare rules.