FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Farnborough Airshow - AC, UA, LX and OS J
Old Jul 22, 2018, 1:43 am
canforce

Programs: AC
I wont even talk about the Austrian Airlines lounge in Vienna. It just plain sucked. No seats, crappy food, grumpy agents and an odd odour. I was happy to leave.

Austrian Airlines
VIE - LHR
Airbus A320

The plane was very very full. The boarding gate was a bit of a nightmare and there was no call for business class passengers first, thus the mad rush for the gate. In addition there were 6 unaccomanied minors travelling and the gate agents attention seemed to be on them, which as a dad I cant really fault. We were once again boarding from a bus gate.

All in all it was a completely uneventful flight and twenty minutes faster than stated, though as we took off about twenty minutes late we pretty much landed right on time.

Again, I will let the pics do the talking.

Aircraft:

Meal, it was absolutely delicious. It was a panna cotta and a fried pork spring roll:

Beverage:

I had prebooked the Heathrow Express and within 30 minutes I was at Paddington station and on my way to the hotel. I had booked a room for three nights at the Victory Service Club. Active members of the British and Commonwealth Armed Forces (I am in the Canadian Army) can become members for free. They offer a single room with ensuite (albeit small) at Hyde Park for 60 pounds per night. The rate is very hard to beat.

They have a full service restaurant and bar onsite and I will not hesitate to stay there again next time I go back to London. It was excellent.

I think the travelling had caught up with me though (and the early mornings) and I found the bed to be far too comfortable and settled in for a nice two hour nap. I woke up feeling like a million bucks and made my way out for some Fish and Chips. I spent that night, and the next day touring around my favourite spots in London. Here are a few of the pics I took.

Imperial War Museum

Trafalgar Square looking at Canada House (The Canadian Embassy)

Imperial War museum:

Big Ben, sadly covered up for restoration work

A photo at Victory Service Club of Lt Gray VC, RCNVR (Royal Canadian Naval Volunteer Reserve) taking off from a carrier in the pacific. He would win the Victoria cross Posthumously for this mission.

My bar is modeled on Spitfire beer from Shepherd Neame. This was excellent.

Next Stop, Farnborough!

Last edited by canforce; Jul 22, 2018 at 1:56 am