FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required
Old Jul 21, 2018, 9:48 pm
sethb
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by aba_bab
SO glad I found a thread that talks about this. I only just found out about this 2 weeks ago and am in a mad rush to try and get to platinum. Had my first meeting yesterday, got another on Friday and a third the following Tuesday.

I'm a bit nervous after reading the posting issues written about above. My first two meetings sent me a contract form that actually asked about my rewards number, however the one I booked today did not have a section for that. I emailed the sales rep and asked where to include my reward number and she said I can just email it to her and she will insure it is on.

Any suggestions if I should further clarify this with her? The contract itself is exactly that.. a contract stating a business meeting etc.

Also - is there any confirmed information as to what will happen to this reward after August 1st? Is it going away/ getting devalued for sure?

Lastly - some users seem paranoid about getting the nights credits into the account before the program change - but isnt it logical to assume that as long as you have completed the meetings before the program merges (and might change), that you would get the rewards earned under the original terms when the meeting was done?
I saw some wording that said the points and nights awarded will be as the program specifies at the time of award. So meetings held prior to August 1 could still fall under the new rules if the nights aren't awarded in time.